Saturday, May 21, 2011

SUYL- Main Dish Recipe & 30 Day Blog Journal - Day 21

I'm linking up with Kelly for SUYR -Main Dish Recipe and Day 21 - a recipe




Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever!!!


I found this recipe a few years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. My family loves it!!



MEATLOAF

2 eggs
2/3 c. milk
3 slices bread
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. grated carrot
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 t. parsley
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1-1/2 lb. ground beef

TOPPING:

1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. mustard


INSTRUCTIONS:
In a large bowl, beat eggs, add milk and bread(torn in pieces). Let stand. Add onion, carrot, cheese, and seasonings to egg mixture. Add beef and mix well. Form into loaf and put in shallow baking dish (I line with foil for easy clean up). Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 min. Combine sauce and pour over meatloaf. Bake about 30 mins. more or until no longer pink. Let stand 10 mins. before serving.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...