Thursday, May 12, 2011

30 Day Blog Journal - Day 13





Day 13 - a fictional book One of my favorite books, that I read years ago while still in grade school, is Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes. Even after all these years, I still remember how much I loved that story.


-A story filled with danger and excitement, Johnny Tremain tells of the turbulent, passionate times in Boston just before the Revolutionary War. Johnny, a young apprentice silversmith, is caught up in a dramatic involvement with Otis, Hancock, and John and Samuel Adams in the exciting currents and undercurrents that were to lead to the Boston Tea Party and the Battle of Lexington--and finally, a touching resolution of Johnny's personal life.
Johnny Tremain is historical fiction at its best, portraying Revolutionary Boston as a living drama, through the shrewd eyes of an observant boy.



"This is Esther Forbes at her brilliant best. She has drawn the character of Johnny with such sympathy and insight that he may take his place with Jim Hawkins, Huck Finn and other young immortals."

I just recently found out about the Disney movie "Johnny Tremain" (1957). Of course, I will add that to my Netflix queue. Also, I think it's about time I reread the book too!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...