I got an email offer from Picaboo today that I couldn't resist. Get a voucher for a 24x16 canvas (retail $99.99) for $25.00! Voucher valid until February. Once I went to their site, I also found a few more great offers-including 40% off of everything! Check it out here.
I got all excited about finally ordering some wedding pictures, and I wanted to start with the canvas of Logan & Lindsey, BUT.......now I can't make up my mind which one!!!!!!! I called Lindsey to get some input, but still couldn't decide! So, I ended up just ordering a few prints that I was 100% sure on (I think) LOLOL.....this really bugs Peter..... I take FOREVER to make a decision, and will just go back and forth, and back and forth, and end up (usually) with my very first choice! LOL Hopefully, I'll get my thoughts together and choose a photo soon. Their 6 month anniversary (that's crazy!!) is coming up in a few weeks- I seriously need to get on this!
Saturday 9: Moon River (1962) Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 1) This song is featured in a Dove candy bar commercial. What's your favorite way to enjoy chocolate (cookie, candy bar, ice cream, hot cocoa, etc.)? I'm really not the biggest chocolate fan (really), but I do crave a candy bar occasionally. I usually choose either Carmello, Milky Way, or Twix (which I have stashed away for tomorrow's football watching). 2) It was originally written for the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Where's the best place to eat breakfast in your neighborhood? Chesapeake House!! :O).....I really missed it this summer!
3) Were you able to see the moon last night? Didn't see the moon last night.
4) When Andy Williams' show was first telecast in color, viewers commented on how very blue his eyes were. What's the first thing you notice about a person? I don't think it is necessarily features like eyes, etc., but I notice if they have a friendly, nice way about them. A grouchy or rude person really turns me off. Happy...happy please...:O)
5) The Andy Williams Show gave the Osmond Brothers their first national exposure. When younger sister Marie joined the act, she made her debut on his show, as well. Let's say you have just been bumped up to first-class for a three hour flight. Which Osmond would you prefer as your seatmate, Donny or Marie? Marie, probably. She seems to like to talk as much as I do!
6) Even though Andy was a millionaire many times over, he was still careful with money, once saying he would never pay more than $50 for a haircut. This leaves Sam shaking her head, because she spares no expense when it comes to her hair. What's something you splurge on? I never mind spending money on a vacation or eating out. 7) Andy's Moon River Theater still draws tourists to Branson, MO. Have you ever been to the Ozarks? Nope.
8) Andy had a discerning eye for Native American art. His collection of Navajo rugs was sold at auction for nearly $1,000,000. Have you ever bid on an auction? Yes, but I only bought some vintage dishes.
9) Andy told an interviewer that his earliest memory was hiding from a storm in the cellar of his family's Iowa home. What's your earliest memory? I was born in Williamsburg and lived there until I was almost 4. I have a couple of memories of playing with some kids in the yard. My next earliest memory was the day they brought my new baby sister home from hospital. Not a good day as I remember, I think I even remember saying I wasn't coming into the house until they took her back. She was born on March 14, my 4th birthday was March 20!
The Bears played a great first half and we had a good feeling about them getting a win.
We were surrounded mostly by Panthers fans, but this Bears fan kept us quite entertained. LOL
Halftime came and I needed a bathroom break, and I was going to pick up our lunch. The lines were ridiculous and I pretty much missed not only halftime, but most of the 3rd quarter as well. :0(
[Country music singer/songwriter and North Carolina nativeKellie Pickler delivered the halftime performance last Sunday, October 5th during the Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers game at the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC.
The Black River Entertainment artist’s performance during the “A Crucial Catch” halftime show was presented by Belk and supported October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pickler was joined on the field during her performance by 150 Breast Cancer Survivors and those who have been affected by the disease. She was also accompanied by her best friend Summer Miller, a cancer survivor who joined Pickler and the NFL in celebrating life by taking on the honored role of the “Keep Pounding” drummer for the game, which took place right before kickoff.]
The second half of the game went downhill for us, and the Panthers ended up winning the game 31-24. Even losing isn't as bad! Just being there, getting caught up in all the excitement and cheering, being in the stadium with all of your favorite players, softens the disappointment just a little.
Football has become one of my favorite things! I love spending Sunday evening watching the games, especially the Bears, and I really love going to a game (even if they lose).
I haven't done a Saturday Nine meme in quite awhile but had to do this one since I had this on cassette way back in the 80's! I actually know all the words to this song, and have a video (on VHS tape) of my oldest son, Logan (then 2 yrs.) dancing to it! :O) So.....here are my answers to this week's questions:
Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged? I booked our hotel for the wedding today with our (debit) card.
2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard? That's funny!! LOL
3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good? Peter turns on the news every morning before he goes to work. I turn it off as soon as he leaves. Call me naïve, but I avoid watching the news because it is just so depressing.
4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A?
As far as I know, all of my family was born in the USA.
5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do? No, I didn't take the SAT.
6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now? I have coconut flakes, coconut milk, and coconut flavored yogurt on hand right now.
7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Pie, Pie, and Pie!
8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014? Unfortunately, I will probably remember the fire at the restaurant on 7/03/14 most. :0(
9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box! The Pink Remote
A change in temperature today....a chilly, FALL day! <3
I am thinking....
about the upcoming holidays. Halloween is less than two weeks away and I don't even have a pumpkin on my front step! I am so out of sorts this year, and other than my chalkboard and a few pumpkins in the kitchen, you wouldn't even know it was Fall at our house. Thanksgiving is up in the air right now, but I may be hosting it here this year. Logan will be going back to work on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Nathan will get home. We'll see what everyone's plans are. I have, however, started thinking about Christmas. I plan to do things a little different this year (more on this later)......SIMPLIFY & ENJOY!!
I am thankful....
that Mom is recovering well! I can see a difference every day. She has been in some pain and isn't sleeping very well, but overall, she is really doing good and is walking straighter and with more momentum. I am so proud of her (but never doubted she would push herself to get back to normal again). :O)
In the kitchen....
Peter is fixing fried chicken for dinner today! Yum! I'll make some macaroni salad to go with it.
I am wearing....
Jeans and a Bears tee....GO BEARS!!
I am looking forward to....
...getting into a "normal" routine again. Now that I'm finished with work, I had hoped to get into a daily routine: organizing, cleaning, working on a few projects, blogging, cooking, doing some fun things with the family, maybe even occasionally take a nap! In the real world, my MIL broke her foot and requires quite a bit of care. Just need to figure out how to balance it all out.
Around the house....
I started a little fall cleaning in our bedroom last week. I managed to clean out Peter's dresser and wash all the bedding. I love our bedroom, especially the bedding!
Favorite quote of the day....
One of my favorite things....
stopping by Dockside......even if it is just for a few minutes!
On Friday, we stopped by to see Logan on our way back home from Salisbury.
Lindsey was working, but got home a few minutes before we had to leave. It's always good to see them, even if it's just to sit and talk (or open oysters) or just to get a hug!- xoxo