Thursday, May 19, 2011

my dream house.....part 3

Moving on to my dream bedroom. I actually like a combination of the pictures below. Let's start with a nice, big comfy bed. We have a queen size bed now, but I would really love a king size bed w/ a Temper Pedic mattress!! Next, bedding.....something comfy, and pretty. I really like the colors in our bedroom now -mocha and light teal (aqua). I wouldn't mind something in a pretty shade of green, but I would most likely stick with neutrals. I'm not picky about the bed itself, but I prefer no footboard, and I really like upholstered headboards.
I don't like matchy-matchy furniture, I would like a bedside table on either side of the bed, good lighting for night-time reading, and oh yes, a fireplace * a flat screen tv above it a plus! :O) I'd like a chaise or other comfy seating area for those times I just want to sneak away from the daily chaos. I prefer nice, big windows to let the sunshine in, but pretty window treatments to close for privacy or to darken the room on the rare days I get to sleep in...yeah right!! :O) I guess that does it for the master bedroom, exept I would really, really love a big walk-in closet and a master bath!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...