Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More chalkboard paint.....

Photobucket I'm linking up with Kim over at Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesdays!!!




You know chalkboard paint can be addictive......after doing the framed message board for my kitchen, I also made a big menu board for the restaurant/b&b where I work. Then I decided to try making some tags to hang from my storage baskets. I have key drop-off baskets at the b&b, so I thought, why not add a cute tag! I also replaced the tag on my cookbook basket that I keep on top of my fridge {btw....what do you guys display on top of your fridge?? A decorator's dilemma for sure!!}

I only had some heavy cardstock to use for the tags, but will keep an eye out for something sturdier for future tag projects. I just tied them on with some raffia. What do you think?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Chalkboard paint can be addictive! I just used it for the first time last week (I painted my fridge with it!) and I'm already thinking of 100 more projects to use it for! I think your tags tied with the raffia sound cute, I may have to try that!

vignette design said...

Great idea. I'm afraid if I get some chalkboard paint, I will paint everything!

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

Just tried out the chalkboard paint myself, I love your little tags! Those are really cute!!

Sherri

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

As a former teacher, I love chalkboard paint! I have a chalkboard in my kitchen, I painted some pots with the chalkboard paint, and I still have some left. Now I know what to make next!

Jane said...

I like this idea! I think I could actually do it. Thanks for sharing!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Great idea- I love how this turned out. Love the raffia and the tags are so sweet too!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...