Wednesday, February 20, 2013

my new favorite place....

After a whirlwind of packing, moving trucks, paperwork, phone calls, and lack of sleep, Logan and Lindsey moved into their new house on Friday!!

It's perfect! Logan is in love with it. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a huge living room that flows into the kitchen, hardwood floors, a deck and screened porch, a pool, a huge yard, and probably, the biggest selling point for Logan- the HUGE shed/garage w/ office. The house is in a great neighborhood and is nearby her family as well (and closer now to us too!).

They officially moved in on Friday evening after the signing, giving them only 4 days to get settled in before Logan had to go back to work for 2 weeks. They were a little overwhelmed to say the least, with how much they had to do in so little time, so we were happy we were able to help. We stayed there pretty much all day Saurday. Peter helped Logan hook up all things electronic, moved things to the room they belonged in, and other misc. stuff. Lindsey worked in the master bedroom/ bathroom, and I did the living room, then the kitchen.

We got quite a bit done that day, and things were starting to look homey. We left around 5:30 to go get dinner and check-in to the hotel. They wanted us to stay, but we had decided to stay near Logan's apartment, since we were going to close that up tomorrow. We had an awesome dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and when we came out it was snowing like crazy! Peter wanted to watch the Bud Shoot Out, so we skipped going to the movies. I'm glad we did, because I think I was asleep by 9:00! After a good night's sleep, I was good to go. We went over to the apartment to finish boxing up the odds & ends that were left and give it one last cleaning.

Peter took a load of stuff to the house, then came back to pick me up and get the final load. We stopped by Lowe's to pick up a few things they needed, and a quick stop in Walmart to get the stuff I needed to cook dinner. After we cleaned up from dinner, we worked in the dining room.

Lindsey had finished the laundry room and spare bathroom earlier today.

They put the bed up in the spare bedroom, but haven't set it off. They decided to keep the blue/tan walls for now and just put up a new border. Logan plans to paint the other bedroom and make that room an office.

We headed back to the hotel for the night. On Monday, Lindsey had to go back to work, Logan came up to close the apartment and get one last load of stuff.

We stopped in Lowe's and Hobby Lobby, then went back to the house to try to get a few more things done and Nathan joined us. Nathan always loves a chance to be around his Bub.

One of the first things Logan did was get a new flag for the flagpole- didn't take him long to get the hang of being a homeowner!
Peter, Nathan, & I left to go to dinner (Texas Roadhouse again), and then to the movies (Identity Thief). We had dentist appointments on Tuesday, then stopped by Logan's to say goodbye, before heading home. It was a very busy weekend, but we got so much done in such a short amount of time. Logan had to fly out early this morning to go back to work, so they were glad to get the house somewhat settled in before he left. They have alot that they want to do, like painting and getting some new furniture, etc., but it is already starting to look very homey. It's my new favorite place to visit!! ;O)

No comments:

{a day in onancock}

07.14.18 We (Peter, Glenna, Addison, & I) took a day trip to Onancock for Dawsyn's 1st Birthday party! What a gorgeous day on...