Monday, February 4, 2013

a fresh new look........

a few more kitchen make-over pictures............











It's amazing what a coat of paint can do for a room! I am so happy with the color I chose, the gray paint has given the kitchen such a fresh, clean look. Color: Valspar Rocky Slope
Here's the before:



This color (Cracker Bitz) was too "country" looking, and was just blah against my oak cabinets. Painting the trim white helped, but painting the walls gray has given the kitchen a great new look! I eventually want to have the cabinets painted white and get a new countertop, but for now, the gray has really perked up the kitchen. I'm almost finished with all the painting, I have a little more to do behind the cabinets, which I hope to get to tomorrow. I also want to add a few more yellow touches to the room, but for now, I'm using most of the stuff I already had.....I see another trip to Target and Hobby Lobby in my future! I found the perfect gray/yellow rugs at Target which I haven't put down yet.
Another update: I finally gave my pie safe a new look. Dad built it for me years ago, and up until now I have kept it just like he finished it, stained pine wood. I finally changed out the punched tin doors last year, but decided it really needed a complete make-over. I painted it white, painted the insert panels Martha Stewart's Cement Gray. I also changed out the black hardware to silver. I love how it turned out!


before:

I also need to get pictures of the island Dad made. I finally finished painting it and added some new hardware. It turned out even better than I thought it would, and has added that extra workspace that I needed.

2 comments:

Shanna Watson said...

A little paint will make you what you ain't, LOL. Love the grey with the black accents!

Angie G. said...

Love, love, love! I especially love the little pop of yellow you have through out. I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop'. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Angie G.
http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...