Tuesday, February 12, 2013

finishing touches.....

The kitchen has come together nicely. I love the gray, and I really love all the little pops of yellow. I still need to do the grout renew project on the floor, but here is a peek at the rugs I found at Target.

I saw this link on Pinterest for a product called Grout Renew. It looks like the perfect solution for my tile floor.
Updating | TILE & GROUT :: Easy Tile Update :: Make your tiles' grout look CLEAN & NEW w/o having to retile & re-grout with...GROUT PAINT (a.k.a. Grout Renew). She transformed outdated dingy-looking gray grout into nice sparkly clean white grout in a couple hours! | #grout #restyle #theyellowcapecode #tile
I'm hoping to start working on it tomorrow-hope it works!
I bought this pretty yellow basket at Hobby Lobby. It is my new cookbook holder on top of the fridge.

Another favorite thing is my numbered pitcher. This pitcher was brown, but it got a fresh coat of white paint and I painted on the number.

Someday, when I finally get the nerve, I'll have the cabinets painted....and get new countertops....and I'd also love to get rid of that piece of trim over the sink and put up a pendant light. I saw this one at Lowes...{{{love}}} it!!
over the kitchen sink: allen + roth Edison 6-7/8-in W Mission Bronze Mini Pendant Light with Clear Shade @ Lowes

For now though, I'm happy with our kitchen....the yellow & gray really perked things up!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...