Sunday, March 18, 2012

warm weather, grilling, the beach...oh my!

Spring has officially sprung! The weather this month has been amazing, feeling more like summer at times than spring. Today has been a much better day for me, and even though my thoughts keep going back to the fire and the family, I actually had a good day today. We had a wonderful day in church, starting with Sunday School, then morning worship service, followed by a covered dish lunch afterwards. I am thankful that Peter has started coming to church, and Dad has been coming with Mom for over a year now, what a blessing to have my whole family in church together. Afterwards, I asked Peter to go to the beach for a walk. I was excited that he said yes as he usually isn't interested. It was such a beautiful day and it really felt good to get out of the house for some sun and fresh air.
I took a few pictures from our day:
such a beautiful sight


if you look closely you can see a boat way out in the distance-crab potting has started

Peter is always 10 steps ahead of me...I say I like to stop & smell the roses...so I lag behind

gorgeous view

lots of wonderful memories here

yes, I brought my reading glasses to the beach with me...habit...LOL

home

we should do this again sometime....soon!
Once we got back home, Peter fired up the grill and we cooked one of our favorites - Tomato, Basil, & Garlic Marinated Pork Chops. They are so yummy! Here's how easy they are make:
Whisk together 1 pkg. Grill Mates Tomato, Basil, & Garlic Marinade mix

with water, balsamic vinegar, and oil.

Put chops in gallon ziploc bag, add marinade, and chill for several hours.

throw on the grill...and there you have it...the best pork chops ever!
Looking forward to using the grill again this summer. I've started pinning some new grill recipes that I hope to try. Also looking forward to spending more time at the beach....sounds like the makings of a good summer to me!

1 comment:

beagleAnnie said...

Wow,beach strolling is gorgeous! And your pork chop looks very yummy!!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...