Sunday, March 18, 2012

putting things into perspective

Yesterday was such a horrible day in our little town. Around 2:00 p.m., a fire started in a neighbor's home, just a few doors from ours. Our local volunteer fire department and many residents fought the fire tirelessly, but tragically, the family lost not only their home, but their dear mother/grandmother who was unable to get out in time. Our small town is extremely saddened by this, and we are all still in disbelief and feel like it should be a dream we hope to wake up from, hoping that yesterday's events didn't happen. My prayers and thoughts go out to this family as they deal with the grief of their loss. The community and others immediately jumped in and began offering help of every kind. I am so thankful to be part of such a close, caring, loving community. When someone is hurting, we hurt with them, and we don't just shrug it off, we step up and let those in trouble know that they are not alone. This dear, precious lady is now in heaven, but still I know the family is hurting. Things like this are so hard to understand. I pray that they will feel the peace that only God can give to us and that somehow they can move on as time passes. When tragedies like this happen, it quickly puts things back into perspective for me. I am so guilty of fretting over silly things, that really don't warrant so much of my energy. I pray that starting today, I will use that energy to love more, care more, listen more, help more, and pray more.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...