Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook: March Edition


March Daybook - Tuesday 3/13/12
Outside my window-it has been a beautiful, warm Spring-like day! The temp was near 70 - I even have the windows open!
I am thinking- that I sooooo need a diet...ugh!
I am thankful- that Logan's job wasn't affected by his company's downsize today. This affected many and my thoughts and prayers have been with everyone today.
In the kitchen-I just packed the dishwasher. I cooked the last duck dinner for the season. Dad and Peter's brother, Denny, joined Peter, Nathan, & I for dinner. YUM!
I am wearing- black Nike pants & my NYC tee.
I am creating- a new budget. I really want to try the envelope system again.
I am going- for a walk with Peter in a few minutes.
I am wondering- why haven't I picked out a new camera yet?????
I am reading- Nothing right now. I am reading mostly devotionals, and the latest issues of the magazines I get. I need to pick out a new book to read though, I haven't read anything since the New Year...:O(
I am hoping- this gorgeous weather sticks around for awhile.
I am looking forward to- another good year at the b&b.
I am learning- to say no. I've always been the type of person who automatically says yes when asked to do something, even when it's not a good time for me or I'm already overextended. I've learned {finally} that it is okay to say no, I'm not the only person that can do it, really, I can be easily replaced. :O)
Around the house- there are signs of "Spring" cleaning being done!
A favorite quote for the day- "Enjoy the little things". I have this written on my chalkboard this month.
One of my favorite things- bubble bath, jammies, diet coke, & a night on the couch watching seasons of "One Tree Hill".
A few plans for the rest of the week- more cleaning & organizing. No activities on the calendar this week {shocking}, except church.
A peek into my day- I'm currently cleaning my craft room/office/den. I have a dresser FULL of scrapbook and craft supplies that is in desperate need of being organized. Here's a peek at one of them before....

I'll post the after pictures in a future post.
I know this is supposed to be a daily journal, but I think I'll do a monthly post, just so I'll be sure to keep up with it. See you next month for my April edition of The Simple Woman's Daybook! I wonder what I'll be up to then??

1 comment:

beagleAnnie said...

I stopped by from Simple Woman's Daybook. I really enjoyed your daybook and I'm a new follower of your blog.
beagleAnnie from Japan

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...