Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My birthday...

Well, I've had yet another awesome birthday! Every year I think, this year is probably going to be a no-fuss-kind-of birthday. After all, at my age, you'd think the enthusiasm would have worn off by now - but not with my family and friends! Each of them still make me feel so loved and make my birthday very special!
Along with being showered with cards, calls, and emails, I got some cash, which I put to good use. After much debate and indecision, I finally decided on the Olympus camera. It's considered a bridge camera, which should help me learn more about photography, yet will be easy to use. Someday, I'll move on to a big girl camera, but for now, I went with this one. I'm anxious to learn more about it and hopefully take some good pictures for my blog. It arrived today, and I've literally driven my family crazy trying it out! :O)
I didn't have a birthday cake, but got something even better. I'm not sure if I've shared this before, but not only is my Mom an awesome cook, but so is my Dad! He actually likes baking instead of cooking {I so didn't take after him for that}. He made me a pineapple cream pie....from scratch.....and it was sooooooo good! Take a look at that meringue....:O)
We all enjoyed a slice {some of us seconds...LOL}! Yummmmm.....
Nobody wanted their picture taken, but I couldn't resist snapping one of Mom. A year ago, she rarely ever got on the computer, but it seems someone else has caught the Pinterest/blog reading fever!!! Love it!!!


Week #14: This week's word is PARTY!!!!

4 comments:

beagleAnnie said...

What a wonderful family you have!!This pie looks so yummy. And your new camera is gorgeous. I am also interested in photography recently for my blog. Let's enjoy camera life.

Susan said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! The pie was awesome-and pretty much gone...LOL! I really love reading blogs and really love all the great pictures-hopefully I can get the hang of it too. :O)

Ashley Eskridge said...

Looks like you had a geart day and nice camera! It's so worth the investment, I love my Nikon!

Susan said...

Ashley- your camera takes awesome pictures! I'm anxious to learn more about mine.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...