Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend Catch-Up March 06

Peter and I decided on a whim to go to MD for the weekend, so after work on Saturday, we hit the road. We met Logan at his apartment, and after getting caught up a bit, we headed to Outback for dinner. Unfortunately, Logan's GF Lindsey was working her last night at her old job, so she couldn't join us. We did get to see her the next day before we headed home though. We stopped by our hotel to check in first. I got a great deal on our room at the Courtyard Marriott using Priceline. We had a bit of a wait at the restaurant, so we were starving by the time we were seated! Logan & Peter got the seared tuna app.....Nathan usually orders this too, they love that stuff....me...not so much! It looks kind of yucky to me! I ordered an app too, but as my entree. Have you had Outback's Coconut Shrimp??
YUM!!!!

I also had a Caesar salad...and they both got steak....yum as well!!
It was nice to spend a little time with Logan. Even though we talk on the phone everyday, I still miss him, especially our family dinners. Dinnertime is big at our house. It's those few minutes in our day when we turn off the phone and the tv, and spend a little quality time with each other. It was a big deal at my house when I was growing up too. Mom always had a good home cooked meal every evening. I looked forward to our dinnertime, even though back then, life didn't seem as quite as hectic as it is now. And after dinner, we would linger at the table and just talk and laugh. I have such good memories of that time! Peter grew up with the same great home cooked meals, but his family just ate whenever they wanted to, not always gathering at a certain time. When we got married, even before we had the boys, we started the tradition of dinner time at the table. We've continued this tradition over the years {almost 29 to be exact}, even though our family has gone through many different stages. We do occasionally have dinner in front of the tv, if one of us can't make dinner due to work or some other activity, or if we are having something quick for dinner, but for the most part you'll find us gathered around the table. I hope the boys will carry on this tradition, but somehow I think they probably won't. It is definitely a different time, everyone seems busier, and families seem to be more disconnected, it's a shame really, what could possibly be more important than time spent with those you love the most?
Geesh....did I get sidetracked or what? Sorry!
That brings me back to dinner, everything was delicious, and it was really nice to spend time with Logan.
I only managed to get a few pictures. My family hates having their picture taken {me included}, but I've told them when I get my new camera...look out!!!They will pose for pictures...or else!
Peter and I had planned to see "The Vow" at the movies, but since Logan could join us for the movie too, I asked if they'd like to see "Act of Valor". We made a good choice.

We dropped Logan off at his apartment and then headed to Walmart to pick up a few things before calling it a night.
The next day we did some shopping and had lunch. We stopped by to see Logan and Lindsey before we headed back home. She started her new job on Monday and was a little nervous/excited. I know she'll do just fine! Logan heads back to work on Wednesday for 3 weeks...ugh! so, I'm glad we got to see them this weekend.
I picked up a few things for some projects I want to do...so check back soon to see what I'm working on!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...