Saturday, March 30, 2013

5Q Friday- March 29




1. How often should adults have birthday parties?
I'm not big on grown-up birthday parties for myself, but don't mind attending others. I do love a quiet celebration with my family on my birthday, and look forward to everyone gathering at our house for dinner or dessert. I would never want to be thrown a surprise birthday party...ever!!!

Surprise Party Invitations
2. What was your room decorated like when you were a child? I loved my bedroom!!! Mom would always buy me pretty bedding, and let me decorate anyway I wanted. I loved rearranging the furniture, and even back then, I loved a clean, organized room {I've always been weird that way----->dork??} LOLOL I changed out posters often, depending on who was my favorite at the time {a few that made a lasting impression....Shaun Cassidy...Eric Estrada...LOL, I am soooooo old!!!} I had a 13" black and white tv in my room {my boys would die without their HD flat screens and satellite tv!!}, but I thought it was awesome to be able to watch my favorite shows on my own tv {even if we only had 5 channels and no remote...LOLOL}. In my teen years, I had a phone in my room...a trimline. :O) and a stereo (record player, 8 track tape player, cassette player). I loved music and had a huge collection of albums and 45's. :O) I could go on and on about my bedroom, it was my own comfy, private, pretty space in the house. I made sure as the boys were growing up, that they always had a space like that too, and they always enjoyed their rooms as much as I did.
black and white tv  no remote you had to get up to change channel.  My kid sister was my "remote"  LOL

 3. Do you have any traditions for Easter? I decorate a little for Easter, and I still fill a basket for Nathan. I used to make homemade Easter eggs, but found out buying them was much easier! I sent Logan and Lindsey a few eggs last week before Logan went back to work, and Sharon delivered the rest of them yesterday......they are sooo good! I also enjoyed watching the kids at the Egg Hunt this evening.
Then of course, there is the real reason for celebrating Easter, the most important part of this season, the Death and Resurrection. We celebrated Palm Sunday last week, then saw the beautiful Maundy Thursday program, and we'll have the sunrise service in the morning, followed by the Cantata at church. I normally take part in Bible reading at church during Holy Week, but only did it one day this year. I missed that quiet time. Peter and I have also been watching "The Bible" series on the History Channel. We have both loved watching it and can't wait to tune in tomorrow night for the final episode.
Easter Subway Art Printable

4. Do you get Good Friday off? If so, any plans? I'm not working right now, so I did have it off. So did Nathan, his Spring break started yesterday. He doesn't have to go back until 4/8!! Peter had to work, but we weren't going anywhere anyway. We are staying home again for Easter, as we always do.

5. Did you wear hats & white shoes to church on Easter?  I'm sure as a small kid I did, but the only hat I really remember wearing was when I was about 7 or 8. It was a white crochet beanie type hat with flowers on the side, kind of like this.....

I think I liked this hat? Right Mom? :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...