Sunday, March 31, 2013

Menu Plan Monday March 25-31

MPM-Winter

Last week: Monday 3/25- Sun 3/31

(1) Mon 3/25- Breakfast for dinner: waffles, bacon, & fresh fruit.

While cleaning out my kitchen gadget cabinet last Monday, I knew exactly what I was having for dinner....homemade waffles!!  :O)
I tried a new recipe from Pinterest.....
WAFFLES
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract


Heat up the waffle iron.
Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Measure the buttermilk { just added 1 T. vinegar to reg. milk}, milk, and vegetable oil in a measuring cup and stir in the egg yolk. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat the egg white almost to soft peaks. Sprinkle in the sugar and continue to beat until the peaks are firm and glossy. Beat in the vanilla.
Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just mixed. Drop the whipped egg white onto the batter in dollops and fold in with a spatula until just incorporated.
Pour the batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook until the waffle is crisp and brown.



clean-up tip: unplug waffle maker, wet a paper towel and lay inside, close lid. Once it cools, it will wipe clean.

(2) Tues 3/26- Duck, Potatoes, Turnips, & Dumplings
(3) Weds 3/27- Pizza
(4) Thurs 3/38- Pork Chop Casserole
(5) Fri 3/29- Meatball Stroganoff w/noodles & Corn
(6) & (7) Sat 3/30 & Sun 3/31-

Ham, Macaroni Salad, Cole Slaw, Corn Pudding, & Rolls

I saw a good recipe for cooking ham in the crockpot, so I decided to fix it that way.
I got out the ingredients:

It said to put brown sugar in the bottom of the crockpot, which I did:

then, I put the ham in, and was ready to pour the can of pineapple over it when I realized that something just didn't look right:


LOLOLOL Did I seriously think this big ham fit in my small crockpot??????????
I'm beginning to worry about myself.....I am either much too preoccupied, or else I am simply losing it!!! :O)
Sooooo, I turned off the crockpot {yep, I had already started it up}, and went to  get Mom's bigger one.
Okay, let's try this again! :O)

Brown sugar in bottom....

then, pour a can of crushed pineapple over the ham, then sprinkle with more brown sugar. Cover and cook for 5- 6 hours. The ham was delish!!!
I still laugh when I think of that big ham sitting in my tiny crockpot.....oh my! The things I am doing lately! :O)


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...