Monday, March 11, 2013

30 Spaces/ 30 Days: Spring Cleaning

#Spring #Cleaning #Tips
The organizing challenge went so well, I decided to take the same approach to "Spring" cleaning. Last Spring, I cleaned the house by working in one room per week. That worked fine, but it seemed to drag on forever, and since I've done so much of the organizing part of cleaning the house already, I thought, why not make things even more simple this year and clean the house....one space at a time. I started last Friday and already scratched 4 items off the list.


Here's what I've done so far......

Space 1 of 30: Ceiling Fans
On Friday, I cleaned all of the ceiling fans.

I love Swiffer products, and the duster does an awesome job on ceiling fans. After dusting, I cleaned with Mr. Clean, then wiped dry.

Space 2 of 30: Wipe Down Cabinet Fronts (Kitchen)
The insides of the cabinets were cleaned while organizing them, so on Saturday, I cleaned the outsides.

Space 3 of 30: Countertop (Kitchen)
Yesterday, while unpacking the dishwasher, I took a few minutes to clean the countertop and backsplash tiles.

Space 4 of 30: Bedding (Nathan)
Today, I washed all the bedding from Nathan's bed: Comforter, bed skirt, blanket, mattress pad, and of course, sheets.

Some of the spaces will only take a few minutes, some will take quite awhile, but if I keep at it, I should have the house "Spring" cleaned by 4/08.....with a few weeks to spare before I go back to work. :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...