Sunday, January 24, 2016

snowy weekend catch-up

Fitbit & Smoothies - I bought a Fitbit......and even though this yucky weather has kept me from truly testing it out, I love it!!! It is hard though, to take 10,000 steps a day when you aren't leaving the house!! The first day, I was so determined...


LOL....I literally walked in place the last hour, just to get to 5,000 steps! :O)

And I really love the cool sleep tracker!! I can see how a Fitbit keeps you aware of your mobility (or lack of) and motivates you to get moving! :O) I'm a fan!

Then there's my smoothie obsession....I can hardly wait to get out of bed in the morning. I love finding different recipes to try. Most that I have posted have been yummy (they actually taste too good to be good for you!). I thought I might not keep up with them with Peter gone, but I picked them right back up after getting home.


Visit - we spent the night with Lindsey on Tuesday night, since Peter had an early crew change on Wednesday morning. We really don't need an excuse to visit though, we love spending time with them when we can. We picked up subs at Carry Out for dinner and talked non-stop about the baby and started planning a little gender reveal get together.....they are doing the anatomy sonogram on February 1st!!!! :O) So excited to find out!! :O)

Allie wasn't sure who she wanted to sleep with...Lindsey or us! (If anyone had told me I would let a 70 lb. dog sleep in my bed, I would have called them crazy!!) But she is sooooo cute!!



I was supposed to go home on the mailboat, but after I found out Logan would be home early...I stayed until the late boat! It was so good to spend some time with him too! :O)

Snow - the snow started around 1:00 on Friday afternoon, and covered pretty good. I missed my chance to make snow cream (or a snow cream frappe'), because the snow turned to rain around 11:00 p.m.



Peter was tied up safe and sound in Salisbury, but Nathan had a VERY rough night on the barge in Philly. I asked later if he had taken any pics and this was what I got....





a long weekend.....




LOTS of internet time and LOTS of tv watching.....

(finished) Season 7 of Doc Martin

my Netflix movie........love!!
 Far From the Madding Crowd

Season 1 - The Crimson Field

The Proposal

Fixer Upper marathon

and Football !! :O)

Oh no! I've become a tv person!!! :O(




Speaking of TV....Season 28 of Amazing Race begins on Feb. 12th!! :O)



trip planning - the trip is pretty much planned. I still haven't booked our flights yet, but I am keeping a close watch on the price. I was able to book some really good dining choices (including a few favorites and a few new places). Only 38 days and we'll be in (hopefully) sunny / warm Florida!!! I am very ready! "O)


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...