Friday, January 1, 2016

a fresh start.....

I love the New Year! It's like a clean slate or a fresh start, a new beginning to a brand new year. While most people think about getting fit, all I can think about is getting organized. Not to say that I don't need to get fit (and it is a big priority), but getting organized is one of my favorite things about the New Year.

Starting with my calendar and the budget. I love getting a new calendar and filling in all the important dates for the year. I usually note a few big events from the previous year at the bottom of each month (just because I like to remember when important things happened this time last year). I usually buy a cute one from the Dollar Tree, but you can also print some really nice ones from Pinterest.

FREE printable CALENDAR 2016
 
I really like this idea [using a clipboard]
 
DIY calendar ☆
 
This free printable 2016 calendar will brighten up your desk area. Each month name is painted by hand with watercolor paint.
 
and an old favorite [framed paint chips/dry erase]
 
Dry erase calendar... paint chips + poster frame + background fabric = easy customizable calendar!  Mapleandmagnolia.com blog
 
Chet Pourciau Design: DIY Calendar from an Old Picture Frame and Paint Chips
 
or this reusable framed burlap calendar
 
This just might be our family holiday gift this year. Great re-usable calendar idea. Can change the burlap to anything! Picture of family- Inspirational quote-Seasonal pictures....I am INSPIRED!:

I also like to go over our budget and update my binder. I do pretty good with this, but after the holidays, there are lots of receipts to be filed and the checking account needs to be balanced. If you don't keep a notebook or binder, there are lots of free budget printables found on Pinterest.

Free Printable: Bill Chart Monthly Bill Organizer
 
Financial/Budget Planner Printables | MsWenduhh Planners & Printables:
 
How to Organize Your Bills. Bill Organization Printables. I need this for my new (must still be made) home binder.
 
 

I have marked my calendar for the 2016 Home Organization 101 Series from A Bowl Full of Lemons blog beginning next week. Check out her blog----but I'll also be posting each week's challenge---so follow along!

2016 Home Organization 101 series at A Bowl Full of Lemons
 
[Mark your calendars, the 2016 Home Organization 14 week challenge begins on January 9th. If your house is in disarray, join me for purging and organizing tasks where we will cover a different space each week. Your house will be transformed from chaos to clutter free!]


Most of my organizing needs to be done around the house. During the holidays, things get a little messy, especially the attic, so I'll probably start there. I have taken all the decorations down, but most of the containers still need to be put away. As I pack everything up, I'll tidy up the attic and get a head start on the Home Organization Challenge! Let's make a fresh start....let's get organized!! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...