Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Smoothie Challenge + Fitbit Review


{January Smoothie Challenge}

Today wrapped up my smoothie-a-day challenge. We have really enjoyed the Nutribullet so far and I have really loved looking for and trying new smoothie recipes. I was never a huge smoothie fan, but I think that's because I never branched out and never made anything but a basic strawberry-banana smoothie. I ended up making 18 different smoothies and only one of them was a dud (recipe below). I posted them all on Instagram (#smoothieadaychallenge) with recipe links to my Pinterest board.

Here are the last four smoothies I made, including a favorite from today....


Cake Batter Smoothie
 
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
3 T. yellow cake mix (dry)
1 frozen banana
sprinkles (garnish)
 
 
This one was delish!! I plan to do a Red Velvet version on Valentine's Day! <3
 
 
Sunny Tropical Smoothie
 
1 orange
1 banana
1 cup fruit juice ( I used V8 Splash - peach mango)
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 tsp. chia seeds
 
 
very refreshing!
 
 
Grape & Apple Smoothie
 
1 apple
1 cup frozen grapes
1 T. honey
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. flax seeds
1/2 cup almond milk
 
 
This one was yucky! :O(
If the brown color doesn't throw you off, the (applesauce-like) texture will. :O(
 
 
 
Simple Strawberry Smoothie
 
2/3 cups frozen stawberries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp. chia seeds
4-5 ice cubes
 
 
 
Yummy!! :O)
 
 
 
{I LOVE my Fitbit!!!}
 
It keeps me moving and makes me aware of how little exercise I am getting when not keeping track. The goal for the day is 10,000 steps - which I have met twice since starting 10 days ago. I average about 7,000 steps a day, which I think is good for a beginner and for someone who is home all day. I started walking with Wanda last week, and this has helped boost my step number per day. I am sure 10,000 steps will be easy to get when I start back to work, but for now, I am very satisfied with how much more mobile I am. I really love the sleep tracker too. It's amazing how that little band can track how well (or not) I sleep. I am anxious to see how many steps I take in Disney (LOTS of walking!!!). I may even challenge Wanda that week! ;O)
 
 


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...