Day 3 - Saturday, March 5
Animal Kingdom is our destination today. It's (EMH) so the park opens at 8 a.m. (not that we'll take advantage of this!). AK always closes early - today's closing is at 5 o'clock. I debated restaurants for tonight, but who can pass up Rainforest Cafe' right outside the park.
Dinner ADR: Rainforest Cafe'
Peter got the best steak last time there...
think I already know what I'm ordering!! :O)
The only con about the restaurant....it's really loud
(especially if you are sitting next to the gorilla!! :O)
(1) Kilimajaro Safari
We love the safari! It's on our must-do list every trip. Sometimes we see lots of animals, sometimes, not so much. I got this awesome picture a few years ago. Hoping to see the lion again this year. :O)
This is one ride at AK that we both LOVE! It was down last year, so looking forward to riding again!
(3) Festival of the Lion King
Our favorite Disney show! <3 Hakuna Matata!!
(1) snack - Zuri's Sweets Shop for a fill-your-own-bag of candy, a caramel apple, or a caramel & marshmellow zebra swirl.
or an elephant ear pasty (and a cup of coffee) from Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery. YUMM!!!
(2) lunch - there are so many great counter service choices at AK. We normally do Flame Tree BBQ or Yak & Yeti, but last year discovered Restaurantosaurus where I got the best burger!! They have a huge fixins' bar for the burgers.(Peter got the mac & cheese hot dog).
(3) to-do (repeat) See the gorillas on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.
(4) to - do (new) Primeval Whirl (just because I've never tried this ride!).
(5) photo-op: There are approx. 320 animals carved into the Tree of Life. I hope to take some cool pictures close up! I read that there are a few new carvings!