Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday 9: Let's Dance

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

Saturday 9: Let's Dance (1983)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

In memory of David Bowie (1947-2016). 

1) In this song, David encourages his partner to "put on your red shoes and dance." When did you last dance?
 
At Morgan & Tyson's wedding in November, however, I often dance at home! :O)

2) Mr. Bowie recalled that he and choreographer Toni Basil developed a dance step now known as "the moonwalk" for his 1974 tour, nearly a decade before Michael Jackson performed "Billie Jean." Can you think of something you should have gotten credit for, but didn't?
 
um...yep! but who's keeping track? :O)

3) Similarly, the band Roxy Music was upset because Bowie copied their "catsuit look" for his own stage wardrobe and made it famous. What do you usually wear, Monday through Friday?
 
Jeans or yoga pants and a tee!


4) David Bowie was particular about the aftershave he wore, and one of his favorites was by Guerlain. Do you regularly apply cologne or aftershave?

 
yes, I use a spray colonge when I get dressed in the morning, but I love lotion after my bath at night.

5) In school, David's best subject was art. Think back to your own school days. In which class did you excel?

 
I did pretty well in school, my favorite subjects were English and Math.

6) In addition to art and music, David Bowie displayed a keen head for business, leaving a fortune of more than $600,000,000. Would you describe yourself as "good with money?"
 
Yes, I would. Of course, there is always more I could be doing, and I've never been into investing, etc., but do pretty good managing our day to day finances.

7) Bowie also appeared in a variety of movies from The Man Who Fell to Earth to Zoolander. Who is your alltime favorite movie actor?

 
I absolutely love movies, and can't really pick an alltime favorite actor.

8) One of Bowie's hits is "Life on Mars." If you had the opportunity to travel into space, would you take it?
 
NO

9) The creators of SpongeBob Square Pants are huge Bowie fans and were thrilled when, in 2007, he appeared in an episode. Sam suspects that she may be the only person who hasn't seen that cartoon show. What about you? Have you ever watched an episode of SpongeBob, start to finish?

 
Unfortunately, yes...and now I'll be singing "who lives in a pineapple under the sea"....all day long!! :O(

3 comments:

CountryDew said...

Okay, if SpongeBob makes you sing of pineapples, then I am quite glad I've never seen it!

I am Harriet said...

Yep...yoga pants....

Love your family picture on your side bar :)

The Gal Herself said...

I'm not interested in taking off for space, either. In fact, the idea terrifies me.

Applying body lotion as soon as you get out of the tub is such a luxurious feeling.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...