Tuesday, January 5, 2016

top ten tuesday: things to do in NY

So the trip planning is now in full swing! I am so used to planning a Disney vacation, it is a little overwhelming trying to put together a trip to a new destination. Of course, I want us to do everything, but realize, as with our Disney trips, it won't happen in these short 4 days! I am however, going to focus on doing the main "tourist-y" stuff, with hopes that Peter loves New York and will want to return! :O)

Here are our top ten must-dos so far (in no particular order):

(1) The Lion King on Broadway!

‘The Lion King’ leaps ‘Phantom of the Opera’ to become Broadway’s all-time top earnings king. (via AP)

Broadway - The Lion King in NYC.  I felt like a little kid as this show opened.  Jaw-dropping.

(2) 911 Museum

On the bottom right of this photo is the ground zero memorial. I think we should all take a minute to remember that horrible time less than 15/16 years ago

(3) The Statue of Liberty

Take a boat tour to see the Statue of Liberty. You don't need to get off, it is impressive enough from any boat cruise or ferry.

(4) Central Park

Central Park is an urban park in the central part of the borough of Manhattan, New York City. It was initially opened in 1857, on 778 acres (315 ha) of city-owned land, later expanding to its current size of 843 acres (341 ha).

I have quite a long list of things to see in Central Park.

Of course, a carriage ride is a must!

Horse Drawn Carriage Ride, Grand Army Plaza, New York City by Vivienne Gucwa

(5) Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

I want to walk across it! Not sure how that will fly with Peter though!

(6) Times Square

7. I'd Rather Be... ~ In New York City! Broadway!


(7) Empire State Building and/or Top of the Rock

Top of the Rock - Love it because you can see the Empire State Building and a better view of Central Park and it's almost guaranteed to be a shorter wait than going up the Empire State Building.

(8) Serendipity 3 (more on this in my food post) :O)

Serendipity 3 this will always be my favorite chocolate coffee ect. Shop I go every time I go to NYC , I love this place

(9) Rockefeller Center (I know it won't be as amazing as Christmastime though).

Rock Center Christmas Tree, NYC @Ann Flanigan Petitjean  so jealz!

(10) a double-decker bus tour

New York City Double Decker Bus Tours - New York City Vacations Inc., New York City Hotels, Sightseeing, Broadway Shows, Tours, Attractions, Expert NYC Travel Information Guide - What to do and see in New York City

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...