Tuesday, October 8, 2013

only a dream....

{October 31 Day Challenge}
31 days of.......keeping it simple-keeping it real.


Day 8: I'm ashamed to admit that I don't think about you every day. I'm reminded of you often and have so many wonderful memories of you, yet life keeps me so busy and preoccupied with "stuff" that has to get done, that days will pass without thinking of you. Then, out of nowhere, I have a dream about you and I get to see you again and talk to you again, and it's like you never left.

It's your birthday tomorrow, isn't it funny how I remembered your birthday in a dream!? You've been gone now for over 15 years, and while missing you doesn't go away, I'm thankful for all the wonderful memories I have of you and all the ways you inspired me. You were such a sweet, loving, quiet person. Julie reminds me so much of you. I can be sweet and loving, but I am not always quiet. I never heard you raise your voice or talk about others, you hated any type of controversy, and usually even kept your opinions to yourself. You never had to be the center of attention, but in your own clever way, you managed to gather friends and family at your house EVERY evening for a visit. We had so many good times there, and I wouldn't trade a minute of the time I spent with you each day. You adored your grandchildren and we knew it. I'm sad that your time with Logan and Nathan was short, but I've made sure that they know all about you. I was fortunate to have two Godly grandmothers. As a teen, I went to Sunday School with you every Sunday. You were definitely not an "in your face" Christian, but what you didn't say spoke so much louder.

You were like a child at Christmastime and could never wait to open your presents with the rest of us. By the time we all got to your house to open gifts, yours were already open and placed out for us to see. It's no secret, you weren't the neatest wrapper {{{but you always gave the best gifts}}}. I know you used a case of Scotch tape {I do that too!}. You could eat chicken every day of the week, you loved sweets, even though you knew you couldn't have them. You kept your house 100 degrees year round. You loved knick-knacks and had quite a collection!

You lived a good life. You actually did "enjoy the little things." I love you Mom-Mom and I thank you for all the wonderful memories you left with me. Gone, but definitely not forgotten. Happy Birthday!

Mom-Mom Annie & Logan {Christmas 1988}
Day 1: Introduction
Day 2: Empty Nest
Day 3: Binders & Calendars
Day 4: Cookware
Day 5: Feelin' Fall-y
Day 6: End of Summer
Day 7: The Voice
Day 8: Dream

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...