Saturday, October 5, 2013

a taste of fall.....

{October 31 Day Challenge}
31 days of.......keeping it simple-keeping it real.

Day 5: I ended up making a Pumpkin Cake w/Cream Cheese Icing for the bake sale today. It is so goooood and so fall-y.

Here's the recipe:
PUMPKIN CAKE
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
1- 16 oz. can pumpkin

*chopped pecans

In a mixer bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, and oil until light and fluffy. Sift together flour, soda, & cinnamon and gradually add to egg mixture while mixing. Add pumkin and mix until blended.

Pour into a lightly sprayed 13x9 pan or tube pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-45 mins. depending on type of pan you use.

CREAM CHEESE ICING
1- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
1/4 cup butter-softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1- 1b. box confectioner's sugar {sifted}
Combine cream cheese and butter in mixer bowl until light and creamy. Add vanilla; then sugar, a little at a time. Beat until thick and creamy. Spread on cooled cake.

*Garnish with chopped pecans.

I ended buying a coconut custard pie and these cute cookies!!


This week is Fire Prevention Week at our volunteer fire dept.



Tonight, the annual fireman's dinner is being held at our restaurant. Peter was invited, so I think we will attend. It is usually a fun night, a great dinner, games, and just a great excuse for Peter and I to dress up and go out together!

I took this picture a few days ago in the doorway of the laundry room at the b&b.

This web has greeted me every morning this summer as I come in for work. No matter how many times I cleared it away with the broom, it just kept coming back. Finally, I gave in and just kept it there. I'm not scared of spiders at all, whenever I see a web, I can't help but think of the movie Charlotte's Web and the qazillion times I watched it with the boys. :O)


Have a T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C weekend!!! :O)

Day 1: Introduction
Day 2: Empty Nest
Day 3: Binders & Calendars
Day 4: Cookware
Day 5: Feelin' Fall-y

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...