Wednesday, October 2, 2013

empty-nest

{October 31 Day Challenge}

31 days of.......keeping it simple-keeping it real.
 


Day 2: My life is weird right now! Logan lives in MD and Nathan is gone for 2 weeks out of the month, and then with the boys being on complete opposite schedules of one another, I'm anxious for one to get home, but that means the other is at work. This {semi} empty-nest stuff takes some getting used to! While I am enjoying this stage in the boys lives, it is very weird that my day doesn't revolve around them anymore. Of course, I think of them constantly and can't imagine not talking to them on the phone everyday, but they have their own lives now, and of course, they are loving it, so I'm trying {as hard as it might be}, to enjoy this stage in my life too. I've been so fortunate to have two {boys} who have loved being involved with their family and enjoyed their home. They both love to talk too! How rare is that? I'm thankful that Nathan has plans to live with us at least a few more years before moving out, so for now, that will have to be enough. Hopefully, by the time he actually does move, I'll be well-prepared!

Nathan cooking up his farewell breakfast! :O)


Day 1: Introduction
Day 2: Empty Nest


1 comment:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

How wonderful to have boys who TALK! I'm not telling Sista because she will be jealous. Can't wait to read your series on Weddings. Have a great evening Susan!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...