Friday, October 11, 2013

Healthy Habit #1: Lemon Water

Okay, it's time to stop talking about getting healthier and actually do something to get healthier! I am not good at sticking to a diet, or exercising faithfully, or even doing simple things like drinking more water or cutting back on salt or sugar intake. It looks so big......a diet......planning healthier meals.....finding time to exercise.....I'm great at dieting when I set my mind to it, but it lasts all of two weeks {if I'm lucky}, then little by little, I slip back into my old habits and before I know it, the weight is back and I'm right back where I started from. The older I get, the harder it is to lose the weight and much easier to gain it back. Also, all sorts of health problems start popping up, which so far I've avoided, but I know I will eventually deal with if I don't change my unhealthy lifestyle.
I wish I could say that this time will be different, but in all honesty I know it won't. I can start yet another diet, lose 10 or so pounds, then before I know it, the weight has crept back, and I'm back to eating what I want again and not getting any exercise. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that doing something {no matter how small} is better than doing nothing at all, so over the next few weeks I'm going to work on building a healthier lifestyle.......one habit at a time. I know that change won't happen overnight, but doing something everyday is one step closer to a healthier me!

I decided to start with a big one for me.....drink more water.
I know I need to drink more water. Mom has been preaching this to me for years, but I haven't taken her advice, until now. I've also seen lots of pins on Pinterest about the advantages to drinking lemon water, so that's where I'll start. Drink more water...make that lemon water.
I officially started this morning and already I'm on my 3rd glass......day #1 of habit #1- I'm off to a great start! :O)


10 Reasons You Should Drink Lemon Water
I'll work on this over the next few days before adding the next healthy habit. There are many to choose from, but I think I know what I should start to work on next....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

This IS a great habit to get in to:) Lemon water is so good for you!

xxleslie

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...