Monday, October 28, 2013

More Freezer Cooking

I did two more freezer meals today making a total of 11 meals + the twice baked potatoes ready to pull out on a busy day or one of those days when I just don't feel like cooking. I've found several great blogs that have some really great tips on make-ahead cooking and lots of recipes that I want to try.

Beef Stew
{source: Loving My Nest}

Add the following ingredients to gallon size ziploc freezer bag:

1 lb. beef cubes
1 chopped onion
1 small can tomato paste
2 tsp. cloves minced garlic
2 tsp. thyme
2 medium carrots- diced {I used small whole carrots}
3 celery stalks-diced
2 bay leaves
2 tsp. parsley
2 T. vinegar
fresh green beans
salt & pepper

Directions: Thaw- Add 1 cup beef broth and cook on low in crock pot 6 hrs. Serve over mashed potatoes.


Orange Chicken
{source: Mommy's Fabulous Finds}

Add the following ingredients to a gallon size ziploc freezer bag:

2 cups carrots {I used small whole carrots}
1 large green pepper - cut in strips
4 boneless chicken breast
3 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 oz. orange juice concentrate

Directions: Thaw- cook on low in crock pot 4-6 hrs. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...