Saturday, October 26, 2013

Freezer Cooking {Round 2}

I've always been intrigued by the whole make-ahead, freezer, crock pot cooking craze, so about a year ago, I finally gave it a try. I loved it, but it's taken me awhile to get organized enough to give it another try. I've been pinning lots of great recipes and checking out lots of cooking blogs, so finally, on Thursday, I did round 2 of freezer cooking and spent a few hours preparing 5 meals. Here's what I made:

Teriyaki Chicken
{source: Ring Around The Rosies}

I did this one last year - super easy & very tasty! {this made 2 meals}

8 boneless chicken breast {I used 4 per bag for my family- you can adjust}
1 red onion {cut into chunks}
2 - 20 oz, cans pineapple chunks {undrained}
1 bag small carrots
4 cloves garlic {I used jar minced garlic- about 2 tsp. per bag}
1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce

Divide ingredients between 2 gallon size freezer bags. Label & freeze.


Cooking directions: Put 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and contents of bag in crock pot. Cook on low 6-7 hrs.
Serve over rice.

Chicken Taco Soup
{source: Loving My Nest}

This recipe is new to me. It sounds yummy- so, I gave it a try. Check out her blog while you are there- great tips on freezer cooking! I'll post and give a review when I actually cook it.


1 onion {chopped}
1- 16 oz. can light red kidney beans {drained}
1-15 oz. can black beans {undrained}
1- 15 oz. whole kernel corn {drained}
1- 8 oz. tomato sauce
1- 12 oz. can chicken broth
1- 10 oz. diced tomatoes w/green chilies {undrained}
1 pkg. taco seasoning
 3 chicken breast

Combine in a gallon size freezer bag {this made one large batch- but probably enough for more than one meal}.


Directions: Thaw. Cook on low 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken. Top w/ cheddar cheese, sour cream. tortilla chips.


Honey Mustard Pork Chops
{source: Joyful Momma's Kitchen}

This one only has 3 ingredients: 1/2 cup honey, 2 T. Dijon mustard, & pork chops.

Combine honey & mustard in a small bowl. Place pork in a disposable aluminum 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour honey mustard over pork and cover tightly with foil.
Directions: Thaw overnight. Bake @ 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.


Pork & Veggies
{source: Loving My Nest}


not shown: carrots & mushrooms

Put all ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag.

1 lb. pork - cut in 1/2" strips
1 onion- chopped
1 green pepper- sliced
4 carrots- sliced
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms- sliced
1 8-oz. tomato sauce
1-1/2 T. vinegar
1 t. salt
2 T. Worcestershire sauce


Directions: Thaw- put in slow cooker for 6-8 hrs. on low. Serve over rice.

Freezer Cooking {Round 1}
Freezer Cooking {Round 2}
Freezer Cooking {Round 3}

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...