Monday, March 18, 2013

Best Roast Recipe-Ever!

I've always made the usual cream of mushroom/ onion soup mix roast, and while it's a family favorite, it doesn't even begin to compare to the roast I made yesterday! I saw this recipe on Pinterest awhile back for Mississippi Roast, and it not only looked delicious, but had gotten rave reviews. I checked out the LINK for the recipe on Candis' blog A Perfectly Lovely Ordinary Day and picked up the ingredients while I was away last weekend.

It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!



MISSISSIPPI ROAST



1. Put chuck roast in crock pot and sprinkle Hidden Valley Ranch mix on top.

2. Next, sprinkle McCormick Au Jus mix on top.

3. Put a stick of butter and 5-6 pepperoncini peppers (you buy them in a jar) on top of roast and cover with lid.

*Do NOT add water.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on roast size. I cooked my not-quite 2 lb. roast about 4 hours on med/high. It was delicious served over mashed potatoes!!!!


{I finally picked up the square white plates I've been wanting. I found them for $1 each @ Dollar Express. I needed a few extra dinner plates, plus I think they are perfect for taking food photos. :O) I just might go back and get a few more pieces-they were really nicely made and sooo cheap!}


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...