Saturday, March 2, 2013

Drop Cloth Curtains

I love the curtains that Mom had made from canvas drop cloths, and I am seriously thinking about being a copy cat!!!

they are gorgeous!!


this one is a little dark, but you can get an idea of the look....
 She bought the 8 oz. canvas (9' x 12') at Home Depot for approx. $21.00. She bought 2 canvases since she was covering a triple window and a single window in a to-the-floor length (not sure how many inches).

Who would have thought a drop cloth would make such a gorgeous curtain!? {{LOVE}}
I also got a picture of this cabinet that she recently made over:



I love the wire on the doors, and that she painted the inside blue. A nice addition to their coastal living room!!
They recently had new windows installed (Window World!!), and removed the metal awnings from the front of the house. They also had new railings added to the front steps. I love the new look!




Now, to decide on curtains for my craft room/office/den.
While I love the curtains I have up now:

I'm ready for a little change. I really love the drop cloth idea....(some people even stencil them),
Shine Your Light: Stenciled Drop Cloth Curtain Tutorial
source: Pinterest

but my other choice is the gray and white chevron that I had the bench cushion made from.
fabric for pillows.....color scheme: gray/yellow/espresso
I just think I'm going a little overboard with all the gray (but I'm really loving it right now!!).
hmmmmm..........more decisions!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...