Wednesday, March 27, 2013

built-ins

30 Spaces/ 30 Days

Space 16 & 17 of 30: Clean Wood Floor/Area Rug (Living Room)

Today, I cleaned the floor in the living room. I took the rug outside to shake it and let it air out a bit. Then I scrubbed the floor and rearranged the furniture a little before putting the rug back down. I like the arrangement alot better.
I can hardly wait to do a little re-do in this room. I've started jotting down ideas already. One thing I really want to do is have some built-ins made for the wall with the big tv.

Here are a few styles that I like (via Pinterest):
built ins
I'm not sure if I want a cabinet over top the tv like this one? I do like the style of the two side bookcases though but a little wider, and the crown molding.

Built in tv cabinet
I like the bottom of this bulit in, but want more of a finished look w/ molding for top part.
Pinned Image
I like the bookcases, with a place for tv in between instead of fireplace.

Pinned Image
I like the cabinet/bookcase style of this one with different hardware.

Pinned Image
Love the crown molding and beadboard in back of bookcases. Don't like the cubby style shelves, I'd rather have regular shelves.

OR......

DIY PROJECT:

Pinned Image

Buy 2 Billy bookcases from IKEA and add plank paneling to back instead of flimsy backing that comes with bookcase and crown molding for a custom look.

shelving + planks
horizontal plank paneling added to back of bookcase

Glam up basic bookcases with crown molding
crown molding added to bookcase

I coud use the tv console I have now (bought from Target), and join DIY bookcases on each side of tv stand and paint the unit white. Custom look built-in at a fraction of the cost!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...