Wednesday, March 6, 2013

30 Spaces/ 30 Days: Paper Clutter

I knew it all along, but sorting through the thousands (or what seemed like thousands) of receipts over the past week or so, made me realize that I save wayyyyy too much! I mean, keeping receipts as far back as 2009 for contact lenses???? Like I'm going to return them or something! Normally, culling through boxes, bags, and folders full of paperwork is a chore I hate, and usually never finish, but I was anxious to set up my new filing system, so it went a little easier this time!

Space 25 0f 30: Filing Cabinet Bench

While I love the look of the bench from the outside.....

it's what's inside that really makes me happy! :O)

I pulled out all of our receipts:
this is only part of them....
then I spread everything out on the kitchen table:

then I sorted things into like piles, then into sub categories:

I kept my mail basket in the kitchen for current receipts/bills/papers:



Everything else is neatly filed away in the filing cabinet (bench)!

The hanging file system fit perfectly! And there was even room left to store the shredder.



I think this is my favorite organizing project yet. I scaled down on which receipts I kept, and then filed everything so that it was easy to find what I was looking for.
This bench is very functional, not only does it keep all the paperwork well hidden and well organized, but it adds additional seating to our living room....not to mention...it's pretty too! :O)


pinterestparty thumb1 thumb1 Pinterest Power Party {9}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one fabulous idea! Paper clutter is taking over my life....I love this! Pinning now!!
Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling

Jessica said...

I LOVE this idea! What a great way to keep all that paperwork neat and hidden. And that bench cushion is fantastic. I love chevron!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...