Saturday, January 17, 2015

a yummy pasta recipe

Mom has been making this pasta for years (recipe from Pam E.). Somehow, I have never made it myself...until today! It is easy, healthy, and soooo yummy!

Here's the recipe:

1 T. basil
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 t. minced garlic (I use jar minced garlic)
3 T. Bragg Liquid Aminos (natural soy sauce alternative)

1/2 cup olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. parmesan cheese (Mom uses canister, you could also use fresh)

Blend these ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.

Cook 1 lb. box angel hair pasta. Rinse and set aside.

Steam 1 yellow squash, 2 carrots, 1 medium onion (cut in pieces). Steam until just tender. Do not overcook. Add 1/2 bag frozen peas. Turn off heat and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together pasta, veggies, and dressing. Toss well. Can be served hot or cold ( I prefer cold!). D-E-L-I-S-H!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...