Friday, January 16, 2015

5 on friday: winter

 
 
I love winter!
I guess having the winter months off from work
and being able to stay inside most of the time
could have something to do with that though! :O)
 
 
{one}
Once I take the Christmas wreath off the door,
I never have anything winter-y to hang in it's place.
I've been searching for some inspiration on Pinterest 
and here are a few ideas I came up with.
January Snowfall Winter White Berry Wreath w/Burlap Bow -january front door
 
red berry wreath w/monogram_january/february front door
 
a simple berry wreath in white or red
(this would look great through February)
 
or a DIY snowflake maybe?
Popsicle Stick Snowflake  Make this pretty snowflake for your door from popsicle sticks.  Get the tutorial on ballardbunch.blogspot.ca
 
For now, the door is bare!!!
But.....
 
{two}
come March.....you'll see this beauty!!
 
 
I bought it online at Kohl's last week.
With my Kohl's Cash from Christmas purchases + their awesome discounts,
I got a great deal on it! :O)
I have always wanted a pretty forsythia wreath!
Come on spring....I'm ready!
 
{three}
 
winter=cold weather
 
While we haven't had much snow {yet},
everthing was covered in ice for a few days.
I don't enjoy the ice much,
I worry about the icy roads or someone getting hurt on the ice.
It is pretty though. I took a few pictures through the window yesterday
as the sunlight hit it on the trees. Gorgeous!!
 
 
I really wouldn't mind a little snow though....just a little!
Love this Snowman!
 
 
{four}
a cozy spot, a cup of something hot, and a good book
Does anyone know what book this is? I would love to read it :]
 
Next on my reading list....
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
 
{five}
 
 no chapped lips here....
 
I've tried numerous lip balms, but my favorite right now is...
 
 Candy Cane chapstick

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...