Saturday, November 12, 2011

My DIY Tray


I finally got around to making my tray using an idea I saw on Pinterest {read my post here.} I found the hardware at Lowes for like $1.38 each, and the frame is just an old 11x14 I found in the attic. I gave it a fresh coat of paint, but I'm still debating whether I'll give it a weathered look or keep it as is. I found a bundle of aqua/chartruese printed fabric at Hobby Lobby {used a 40% off coupon}, and I used a piece of that under the glass in the tray. I'm still waiting for the storage cube to be delivered, but I have the tray all ready to sit on top! What do you think???



Here is another tray I saw on Pinterest. I like the flat surface frame better than the one I used because you can attach the hardware to the top instead of the sides like I had to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! You did a great job.

Just Wedeminute said...

Super cute! Thanks for linking up, this is our very first week to have pinterest party time blog hop.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...