Sunday, October 30, 2011

DIY Tray

You know how I mentioned that I needed to buy a tray to put on top of the storage cube I bought the other night.....well, Mom just happened to find the cutest idea on Pinterest for a DIY tray! Why did I think I had to buy a plain old brown wooden tray from Pier 1 {at $40 bucks I might add}, when I can make a one of a kind tray? Here are a few options:
I like the first one best. All you need is a frame {any size, and doesn't have to be new}, some paint, a piece of fabric or paper to go inside, and 2 handles{new or some you might already have}. I have the frame, paint, and fabric, so I can get started this week. I'll pick up some hardware when I get to Lowes later this week. Here is the tutorial for the first tray from a fellow blogger Lemon Tree Creations.
A saw another idea that I loved using a cabinet door. This idea came from another fellow blogger at The Little Brown House.  Here is the DIY Tray Tutorial for this one:

I also came across this oval frame tray that I thought would look cute on a bathroom vanity or a dresser in the bedroom. This one doesn't have handles, but it has beads glued to the bottom of it to make it look footed. Love it!
So, thanks to Mom & Pinterest!!! I can now get busy making my frame tray......who wants this
when they can have this
I'll post pictures of my DIY Frame Tray as soon as it's complete!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true!! Can't wait to see what you come up with:-)

Sarah Kay said...

I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

I hopped over from the Meet Me Monday blog hop and I'm your newest follower on GFC :)

I hope you can stop by my blog sometime and follow back!

Have a great week!

Sarah Kay
@ http://magicallifeofmamas.blogspot.com/

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

Cute trays-looks like a fun project.
Following you from the Meet Me Monday blog hop!
http://attackofthehungrymonster.blogspot.com/

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...