Tuesday, September 9, 2014

menu plan monday sept 8-14

Finished out bagel week with some yummy homemade strawberry jam courtesy of my friend Wanda. It is sooooooooo good!!! 

She also gave me a jar of figs and pepper relish. We are really enjoying it!! Thanks again friend!!! :0) 

Breakfast- this week we are doing smoothies. I cut up and bagged some fresh fruit for the freezer. I'll just have to add milk,  juice or yogurt to the prepackaged fruit for a quick smoothie each morning. I found lots of great smoothie recipes on Pinterest that I'll share tomorrow.

 I also tried this icy smoothie for a snack tonight......mmmm....

1 cup strawberries
1-1/2 bananas 
1 can diet 7-up
1 cup ice

Makes 2-8 oz. servings.


I'm still using my dinosaur blender (31 years & counting).......I really "need" a pretty new blender.....



Lunch- this week so far, we are doing salads. I also plan to use up the Pita bread from last week (Pita Pizza or filled with tuna/lettuce/pickles).

Dinner- 

Last week's menu ended up.....
  1. BBQ Chicken
  2. Fish
  3. Chicken Pot Pie
  4. Neapolitan Casserole
  5. Pizza
  6. Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, string beans, rolls, pumpkin cake.
  7. Steamed Shrimp
This week's menu ideas:
  1. Soft Shell Crabs
  2. Sweet & Sour Chicken
  3. Clam Chowder 
  4. Lasagna
  5. Roast
  6. ?
  7. ?

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...