Thursday, September 25, 2014

things to do in charlotte, nc

We are headed to Charlotte next weekend and I am so excited to be going back. On our first visit, we didn't do or see anything other than the football game and have dinner. We loved the feel of Charlotte and saw numerous things we wanted to do if we ever went back again.

- Food

There are tons of great restaurants in Charlotte. We ate at Rock Bottom last trip and loved it! I would definitely go back again, but we are planning to try a few new places. We'll arrive on Friday evening, so we'll need to find something for dinner that night as well as Saturday night, and lunch on Saturday. Sunday is taken care of with breakfast at the hotel and lunch at the stadium.

Peter is looking for the best bbq in Charlotte.


Here are a few places that got good reviews......

BAR-B-Q KING


BILL SPOON'S BARBECUE


MAC'S SPEED SHOP BBQ


SAUCEMAN'S


MIDWOOD SMOKEHOUSE


McKOYS

image
BOONE'S BAR-B-QUE on wheels

and this one (they say some of the best places to eat are little hole in walls....um...ok...)


OLD HICKORY HOUSE RESTAURANT


- Zip lining

This is a must do for me (I mean it's on my bucket list and everything!). I think the best place would be U.S. National Whitewater Center. Even Peter wants to give it a try!! I am beyond excited about the four of us zip lining!!

I suggested white water rafting too while we were at it, but no takers....oh well, maybe next time!


- NASCAR Hall of Fame / Hendrick Motorsports

Peter has been a NASCAR fan forever so this is a must do for him. It looks kind of fun, and I know he will love it, so we'll do at least one of these on Saturday too.


- Freedom Park

Freedom Park got great reviews on things to do/see in Charlotte. If the weather is nice, I thought maybe we could get lunch and take it to the park for a picnic. They also have bikes for rent! :0)

I can tell this is going to be a fun trip (Peter may be thinking otherwise!).

- Carriage Rides

We saw these last trip when we came out of the restaurant, but neither Peter nor Nathan were interested, so no carriage ride. It's funny how two people can change so much in just 4 short years,. They both agreed to do it this time when I was making our to-do list for the trip!



- Bank of America Stadium/ Bears vs. Panthers 10/05/14

I am super excited to be going back to watch another game. Nathan bought sideline tickets, Peter and I went cheap and got tickets in the nose bleed section. Well, they aren't that bad, but they are definitely not sideline seats! I'm just excited to see another game, I don't care where I'm sitting!


countdown to road trip.....1 week!!!!
Let's see what else I can find to do in Charlotte.......

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...