Sunday, September 7, 2014

{pumpkin better than sex cake}

For some reason, once September arrives, I start to get a craving for all things pumpkin. I had my parents over for a turkey dinner yesterday and I knew exactly what we were having for dessert! I pinned this yummy pumpkin recipe which is a little spin on the classic "better than sex cake", and couldn't wait to try it!  It was super easy and super delicious!

1 box yellow cake mix
1(15 oz.) can pumpkin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz.) container cool whip
2 Heath bars (chopped) or 1/2 bag Heath Bits
caramel topping

  • Mix together cake mix, spices, and pumpkin until smooth.
  • Spread into greased 13x9 pan and bake @350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.
  • Let cool for 10 minutes, then poke holes in cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
  • Drizzle can of condensed milk over cake, filling in holes.
  • Refrigerate 30 minutes, then top with whipped topping.
  • Sprinkle with Heath bar chips and drizzle with caramel.



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...