Sunday, September 21, 2014

how to cook the perfect corn on the cob

I started cooking corn on the cob in the microwave years ago, but never perfected it until the other day. Actually, it was Peter who shared this tip with me and it works!!
 
Put ears of corn in the microwave in husk (we usually do 3 at a time). cook for 5 -1/2 minutes. remove corn and slice off (stalk) end of the corn. (sorry for the bad pictures-taken with phone).
 
 
Stand corn on end, and slide corn out.
 
 
Perfectly cooked and completely husk/silk free.
 
We had corn again today, along with Peter's fried chicken....mmmm!!!
It took him a while to start cooking, but I'm so glad he did! It's nice having another cook in the kitchen and he is really quite good at it! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...