Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pie of the Month: Pecan Pie Tarts

For January's Pie of the Month, I had planned on making a Pecan Pie, but during the holidays I came across my Pampered Chef mini-muffin pan and decided to put it to good use. I thought I'd put a twist on things and make Pecan Pie Tarts instead. They were delish!!
Here's the recipe:

Pecan Pie Tarts

3 oz. softened cream cheese
1 stick softened butter
1 cup flour
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 T. softened butter
2 tsps. vanilla
1 1/3 cups chopped pecans
dash salt


Mix first 3 ingredients together and form into small balls. Press dough in pan (I use my PC wooden tart shaper), but you can press by hand.

Combine the remaining ingredients (reserve 1/3 cup pecans) and fill shells.

Sprinkle with reserved pecans, and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.



I found that tarts come out of pan easier if you loosen around edges with a knife, then let them cool in the pan before removing. Makes 48 tarts.


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...