Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

I love pizza!!! Any kind of pizza...even cheap frozen pizza, and who doesn't love Alfredo, but combining the two?,  I couldn't wait to try this recipe!
I came across this recipe on Danielle's awesome blog, "Blissful and Domestic". I finally got around to making it yesterday, and it totally lived up to my expectations. Check it out.......
Blissful and Domestic


Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Here is what you need:

3 boneless chicken breasts-cooked and shredded
about 2 cups Alfredo Sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 small ripe tomatoes
1/4 of a purple onion -sliced
pizza crust

Pizza dough: You can use your favorite recipe, or use a store bought crust. I decided to go with making a batch of pizza dough in my bread machine.

I hadn't used this thing in ages, and I always wonder why I don't use it more often. The pizza dough is amazing, as are the breads I bake in it. Note to self: use my bread machine more often!!

*Roll out your pizza dough on a pizza pan spayed lightly with pan spray. I normally use my PC baking stone, but it wasn't going to fit, so I ended up using my broiler pan. We had square pizza instead of round, but it tastes the same. :O)
*Next, spread on the Alfredo sauce. I used jar sauce this time, but I may make my homemade sauce next time, since I have a really good recipe for Alfredo sauce. The jar sauce worked just fine though.
*Add sliced tomatoes and onion.
*Add chicken and cheese.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Let sit for a few minutes.
Cut and enjoy!


This dinner was huge hit! It will definitely be showing up on our dinner table again in the near future. Hope you'll give it a try!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...