Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Craft Storage/Dresser Re-Do



I had the perfect storage idea for my craft room/office/den. I was using this 10-drawer dresser to hold all of my craft/scrapping supplies, until I decided it worked better in Nathan's room.



So, I've been searching for a replacement, and finally decided on this.....



.....an old dresser {think nursery furniture} which was converted to a tv stand when the boys were smaller. It has been in storage for several years, but I pulled it out again and told Dad what it needed to convert it to my new craft cabinet. We added some beadboard, new hardware, a shelf, and a fresh coat of paint......

I love it!!!

I originally planned to buy new baskets, but decided to use a few of my many Longaberger baskets that I don't display any more. I love the natural baskets with the light paint colors.

I bought hardware to match what I had put on my desk drawers.

top shelf: scrapbooks , basket holds camera
bottom shelf: basket on left holds ribbons/wreath supplies, 2 smaller baskets hold scrapbook/craft supplies
drawer: more scrapbook stuff
basket next to cabinet: small sheets of scrapbook paper/stickers/embellishments/etc.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...