Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gray/Yellow/Espresso

I am ready for a change.......while I love the brown and green color scheme I currently have in our living room, I need to perk things up a bit. I really love the espresso brown sofa we bought last year, and the geometric rug,

but other than that, the room needs a facelift. As I was looking for fabric for the cushion I'll be adding to my {filing cabinet} bench,  I kept being drawn to yellow. Then, I saw this picture
Pinned Image
source: Pinterest
and I was sold on the yellow/gray/espresso color scheme!! While I've seen lots of gray/yellow combos, I hadn't paid much attention to the third color, dark brown! Love it!!!
I found the perfect fabric choices on amazon.com.........here's the 3 patterns I ordered:
fabric for pillows....color scheme: gray/yellow/espresso

fabric for pillows.....color scheme: gray/yellow/espresso

fabric for pillows....color scheme: gray/yellow/espresso

I also picked out a nice dark gray-greige-taupe color paint for accent pieces. The color is Behr Creek Bend.
Pinned Image
source: Pinterest
I like it as a wall color too, but I think it might make my room a little too dark, so I'll stick to painting a couple of pieces of furniture. I'm so excited about this little re-do! Pictures to follow....

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...