Thursday, January 24, 2013

Snow Day!!!!!!!

Nathan had a snow day today, so I decided to take a snow day too!! I did absolutely nothing today (except cook dinner and do some laundry). I put my boots on and went outside with Nathan while he shoveled the walk.
 




Gozzy loved the snow too!!







The snow was so dry...not good for making a snowball.....but perfect for making Snow Cream!!




Nathan and I had lunch and topped it off with a big bowl of Snow Cream!!!!! YUM! While he watched another season of One Tree Hill, I caught up on several episodes of Pioneer Woman. Our lazy kitty Jaxson joined in on the goof-off day too.....but then again, she does this everyday!

A snow day is a perfect day for chili, so I pulled out my Mom's recipe and cooked up a pot of it.


Mom's Chili recipe:
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 lb. can diced tomatoes
1 lb. can light kidney beans-drained
1 can pork & beans
1 8 oz. tomato sauce
1 t. salt
1-2 t. chili powder
1 bay leaf
{I use 1 pkg. chili seasoning mix instead of the chili powder/bay leaf}

In pot, cook meat, onion, & green pepper in about 1 T. olive oil until meat is lightly browned and veggies are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour. Top with grated cheddar cheese when serving. Easy & delicious!

They are calling for more snow tonight......I just might get caught up on the rest of my dvr'd shows tomorrow! :O)



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...