Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook-January Edition


Outside my window... it has been a beautiful, calm, but cold day.
I am thinking... how fast 7 years have gone by since Logan graduated in '06. We are ordering Nathan's announcements/cap & gown this weekend...WOW!
I am thankful... for our warm, comfortable home.
In the kitchen... Peter and Nathan were away today, so I made some homemade pork bbq that we'll have for dinner tomorrow. I'm working on weekly menu planning as part of my New Year's Resolution.
This past week's menu:
Mon-Spaghetti
Tues- Black Eyed Peas (now, I'll eat just about anything, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat these. Peter thought they were awesome, Nathan & I had leftover spaghetti....)

Weds- Chicken Casserole
Thurs- Burgers & fries (Mom & Dad gave Peter a gift from Omaha Steaks for Christmas, we tried the burgers and they were delish!! Can't wait to try the steaks!)
Fri- breakfast for dinner
I am wearing... jeans, white tee, yellow cardi
I am creating... a better budget, a menu plan, and doing lots of organizing!
I am going... to try to finally finish the painting in the kitchen...finally!
I am wondering... where we should go on our mini-winter-vacation????
I am looking forward to... all the wedding planning!!!
Around the house... I posted awhile back about trying to convince Nathan to change out his tv stand for a new look. He wasn't interested in my idea until......last week when he wanted to declutter his room. So, since I just happened to have a dresser that fit perfectly, his room looks much better now (just needs to be painted black).

but it left an empty spot here......

Now I'm on a mission to find something to fill this empty spot. It has to have storage, since that is where I keep all of my scrapbook supplies.
A favorite quote for today...
 love this quote
One of my favorite things...spending the whole day with my Mom! Peter and Nathan were gone all day, so Mom and I spent the day catching up, just talking, and watching a few dvr'd shows, and surfing all over the internet, and planning out our next projects. Of course, lunch was involved. Dad bought us lunch from Double Six (chicken salad and homemade coconut cake...OMG!) and stayed long enough to have lunch with us. Time flies when we get together, we had an awesome day!
A few plans for the next week: church tomorrow, more cleaning and organizing.....
A peek into my day...



Nathan's team won the annual basketball marathon. He also was the winner of the 3 point shoot-out. He was THRILLED!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your favourite quote! Great rreminder :)
Just stopping by from the Simple Woman's Daybook...so fun to meet new bloggers. Happy Monday xxx

jennifer anderson said...

the simple womans day book brought me here.great title! and great quote! These are your busy years!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...