Friday, January 4, 2013

5Q Friday-Jan 04

Five Question Friday
1. Have you set any goals/resolutions for 2013? I would love to say eat healthier, lose weight...yadda yadda...but I'm the worst at keeping those resolutions. I did make a few though, that I plan to follow through on. (1) do better with managing our finances:  re-do our budget, get organized, try to cut back on our grocery bill by meal planning,keep a better record of what we spend to see where all the money goes, but most importantly, get Peter on board as well. We are so different when it comes to living on a budget, and I doubt we'll ever be on the same page when it comes to finances....but I'm working on it! (2) The second resolution I made was to make more time for friends & family. Life is busy, but it shouldn't be so busy that I can't find a few hours to catch up with my best friend now and then, or have lunch with my Mom.
Budgeting 101
2. Have you made any travel/vacation plans for 2013? We had another trip to WDW booked for a week in February, but with Nathan's upcoming graduation and now Logan's engagent, we (I) thought it would be best to vacation on a smaller scale this year (hence resolution #1 on the previous question). 2013 is shaping up to be big year for our family, and I think it's best to cut back where we can. While I'm sad we aren't going to Florida, I'm excited about planning something else that will be fun (and new maybe) but fits this year's vacation budget better.
a craft and a way to save $$ for vacation = win win
3. What room is never cleaned in your house? Honestly, there isn't a room in our house that isn't cleaned regularly, but I will say that our bedroom gets the least attention. It's the catch-all room that almost always has something in it that doesn't belong there. For the past month, it has been home to my holiday wrapping supplies that have finally found their way back in the attic.
Funny Cleaning the House Quotes
4. What food must be in your house at all times? For me, Diet Coke!
Diet Coke Printable!
5. Are you a hugger or more of a hands off person? This question makes me laugh, because I'm that weird person who is a mix of both hugger sometimes and at other times, I'll take another exit to avoid people. My Mom is the social butterfly of the family, it takes her quite awhile getting out of church on Sunday because she has to say hi to everyone, and give everyone a hug, my Dad, well, he isn't big on being huggy/kissy, except for those closest to him (like me!) :O) So, I'm sort of a mixture of the two, I'm extremely affectionate most of the time, but other times, not so much! :O)
hug

2 comments:

Ashley Eskridge said...

A budget will seriously change your life! It's crazy how fast you can get debt paid off or increase your savings! We love it and started doing it about a year and a half after we got married. We went through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace class (FPU). It's definitely a pain at times but stick to it, the end result is SO worth it!

Susan said...

Ashley- I read Dave Ramsey's book a few years ago, and really liked alot of his principles. I've always been a "budget" type of person, I love getting a deal, planning ahead, and saving money, but unfortunately Peter isn't so much. I think I finally may have him somewhat on board. It is very hard to stick to a plan if you both aren't on the same page!!!
It's great that you both are starting out so young with a plan, not many your age do.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...