Saturday 9: It's Not Unusual (1965)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Check here.
Well, I had to do this week's Saturday 9 - it's from 1965 - the year I was born!
1) In this song, Tom sings that "it's not unusual to go out at any time." Will you be "out and about" this weekend?
I had a fun girls day out today that I posted about here.
Actually, it doesn't need vacuuming. I have been spring cleaning this room this week and other than the front window needing washing it's very clean and organized! :O)
3) You can purchase a verified Tom Jones autograph on eBay for $299 (or the best offer). When you were growing up, did you collect signatures and sayings from your friends? (Autograph book? Yearbook? Cast?)
I had an autograph book when I was a tween and a senior book that everyone signed when I graduated.
4) At the height of his popularity, female fans would throw their panties onstage at Tom Jones. Sam can't imagine doing this, and not just because she's not that crazy about Tom Jones. She'd be embarrassed because her underwear drawer could use a serious refresh. If you could choose one new article of clothing to add to your wardrobe today, what would it be?
I really need jeans!!!
5) "Tom Jones" is also the name of character in a famous 18th century novel. Tell us about a character from a book you wish you were friends with in real life.
Just because I can't think of anyone without thinking about this too much, and because I just saw the movie today, I'm going to say Cinderella because she had such a sweet, positive personality. I actually could be friends with someone like her.
6) When this song was popular in March 1965, Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City fame was born. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous?
The only person I ever knew was Hal Linden (Barney Miller). I googled it and only saw a few names I recognized, including Fred Rogers (Mr. Roger's Neighborhood).
7) Also in 1965, when this song was a hit, Americans were riveted by the Gemini space program and children all over the country wanted to be astronauts. Think back to your childhood: When you were in first or second grade, what did you want to be when you grew up?
8) Fifty years ago, the most popular headache reliever was aspirin, and you could buy a bottle of 200 tablets for just $1. Do you have any aspirin in your medicine chest right now?
We have 81mg aspirin that we both take daily. We also keep a small bottle of regular aspirin on hand, but rarely take it.
9) Random question: You've just entered a public restroom. Would you rather find a paper towel dispenser or hot air hand dryer?
I prefer paper......unless they have one of these!