Saturday, March 21, 2015

[girls day out]

 
I had an awesome day today with friends Wanda and Hope. I almost didn't go and would have been so sad if I had missed out on this fun girls day out!!
 
Hope took us to the best antique store ever! I could feel the Joanna Gaines vibes and my mind was just whirling with ideas!!
 
I found this dark stained rattan tray that is perfect for my coffee table!! I just need to style it, but here's a pic for now.
 
 
 
I also came across a smaller one, which I'll use as a fruit holder for the counter for now (until I find the tiered metal one I have in mind).

 
 
But the best find was this lantern that Wanda stumbled upon......
 
 
 
It is perfect for the top of the armoire in our bedroom. I originally was thinking white, but may stain it dark (?). I'm loving dark stain these days. It has a copper top. Love it!!!
 
Hope found a few things and Wanda hit the jackpot and found the perfect side table for her living room make-over and a few more good finds.
 
 
She ended up finding a different basket that she brought home instead.
 
Stop #1 - score!!!
 
 
Next up......
 
We all three loved this movie!!!! It was cool seeing two favorite characters from Downton Abbey (Rose and Daisey). It was also fun picking up on lots of little Disney details from our trip, like the floor of the ballroom matching up with the marble floors at the Grand Floridian Resort and of course, the carriage I saw in person.

 
 
 
 
Next, we made two more quick stops. First, at a thrift store, where I only found this....
 
Once again, I'll sand, stain dark, and weather.
 
I have something like this in mind:
 
nice way to keep cooking essentials handy without appearing as clutter
source: pinterest
 
group together in a crate or wire bin
 
OR
 
hang a few together
 
open end w/shelves on breakfast bar/ hang cutting boards together
source: pinterest
 

Wanda and Hope had better luck here. I only spent 50 cent.

Our next stop was Tuesday Mornings where we only had 15 minutes (if we wanted time for a liesurely lunch). We could have spent lots more time and money here...worth a trip back!! I bought a few items for my desk.


Next up......LUNCH @ The Irish Penny!!! Review HERE.

 
 


Potato Leek Soup - a traditional Irish soup made with an old Flynn recipe topped with Cheddar cheese



Irish Penny Panini - Shaved marinated sirloin, pressed with fresh mozzarella, fried onions, garlic pickles, spinach and horseradish Dijon spread and house-made chips

 

Lunch was delicious (but wayyy too much food!). I will return!


A fun, fun day!!! Something I think we'll definitely do again!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...