Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Simple Woman's Day Book: February 2015

 
FEBRUARY 2015
 
 
Outside my window....another big snow! UGH!
 
I am thinking....about warm weather!
 
I am thankful...that the Coast Guard boat got in today
(and praying the boats will soon be able to resume their regular schedules).
 
In the kitchen....lots of cooking and eating.
I made the best homemade waffles earlier this week
when we had breakfast for dinner. I just had to share the recipe! YUM!
Recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book
 
WAFFLES
 
1- 3/4 cups sifted flour
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 beaten egg yolks
1-3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup oil
2 stiffly beaten egg whites
 
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Combine yolks, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients.
Fold in whites, leaving a few fluffs.
Heat waffle iron that has been sprayed with pan spray.
DELISH!!!!
 
 
I am creating....nothing creative going on at the moment! :O(
This snow is so unmotivating!!!
 
 
I am wearing....black lounge pants & a long sleeve snowman tee.
 
 
A few plans for the rest of the week....um....nothing! Hoping Nathan gets home soon!
 
 
I am looking forward to....SPRING and warmer weather, or at least this ice and snow to be gone. I am very anxious to get back to normal somewhat, and for the boats to run every day! My tulips and daffodils had started to come up before we went to Florida, but hey have been buried in snow ever since!! Can't wait to see the flowers blooming!
 
 
Around the house....
I finished painting the dining chairs before we left for our trip.
Here is a post about the painted chairs & table re-do project.
 
 
Favorite quote of the day....
No Winter lasts forever. . .
 
 
 
One of my favorite things....
'Downton Abbey' Season 5 omg!!! Who has seen the new trailer for season 5!!! I'm so excited
 
my latest obsession... no really, at least two episodes a day. what WILL I do when season 3 or 4 or whatever runs out.
 
Anna. (Joanne Froggatt) The head housemaid. John Bates. (Brendan Coyle) The valet.
 
Lady Cora (Elizabeth Mcgovern) and Mr. Carson (Jim Carter) in #DowntonAbbey Series 4
 
Downton Abbey costumes, season 5 << Has Daisy been wearing the same dress for five seasons?
 
I can't believe it took me so long to watch Downton Abbey!!
What an awesome show!!
I watched the first three seasons the week before our trip,
now I have seasons 4 & 5 to watch....love it!!
{So excited that there is a 6th season too!}
 
‘Downton Abbey’ Season 6 Confirmed! Click for more info!
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...